Thursday, September 17, 2009

A day of phone calls!

PHONE CALL NUMBER ONE: So today Walt Buteau called me to say that all put together the story is fantastic. He said all the elements we were able to provide like the video and photos, and Eddy's singing just went together with their techniques to make a touching piece. I have to say I am so impressed with how nice he and John (the cameraman) were, it was enjoyable working with them. And I am glad he called today to follow up, it wasn't necessary on his part and I really feel like they care.

PHONE CALL NUMBER TWO: SO I thought about it and decided to call our NICU social worker and tell her about the news story. Just in case any of the NICU people involved with genevive and Lillian are interested in seeing it. She is going to let people know. I am always a bit worried in these cases that I am deluded and people aren't nearly as interested in my baby as I am. But hey, I felt like they really cared for her when she passed away. If I am wrong, hopefully no one will tell me, I would much rather think she is remembered and loved.

Now, just in case anybody from the hospital do watch the news and come visit my blog I want to take the oppurtunity to post a big thank you. I had one Preemie pass away and one Preemie come home with no long term issues. I can honestly say I have seen the best and the worst of the NICU. Women and Infants is amazing. The support I recieved when genevive passed away was moving, They let us take our time with her, and helped us when we felt lost. Going back to the NICU the next day was terribly hard, but when I got there I got so many hugs from people I didn't even know. They helped me so much more than they realized, for a while the hospital was the only place I felt good after she passed, just because I felt like she wasn't forgotten while there. Anywhere else it felt like the world moved on and no one remembered. I appreciate everything the hospital personnel did for me, and I will never forget any of you.

In closing let me find a memory for the front page. Here was an awesome day. We had a lot of fun playing, and in fact this was the day I took my favorite photo of genevive (all the way at the bottom of this page). I was trying to leave, but she was so alert, and looking around, how could I walk away?

No comments: