Monday, April 27, 2009

Grieving is necessary and wonderful

I had counseling today, YAY. And again I got the med push. She is unhappy I am not medicated for depression. I feel that depression for no good reason needs medication. Depression from the sudden devastating death of your infant is appropriate.

I feel like my grief and the things I do because of my grief is all I can do for genevive now. I want to feel it and think of her, even though it is painful. I choose not to medicate and cover it up. These things need to be worked through, that is the bottom line, I wish people would respect that. Who cares if I have a hard day and miss her and cry all day in bed. I deserve that every so often, I still take care of Lillian, I still do things that need to be done, I just allow myself a break.

3 comments:

caitsmom said...

I'm of the same mindset on this. My doctor wanted me to go on meds because "you don't have to feel this way." And my response was "yes, I do." I think some parents may need the medication, but I felt that my doctor was too quick to prescribe. That was my long way of saying "I get what your saying and Here Here." Peace.

Lissa Lane said...

I feel the same way towards medication and child loss. 100% the same

R said...

I didn't go the med route either- though I did tell my husband that if he felt I needed them to tell me and I'd listen to him. I agree that there are reasons for medication but I feel like I've found more healing by experiencing my grief- even though it's been a rollercoaster at times.